Steve Jobs was a visionary and innovator that changed the way that we live. Apple products have not only become a vital part of our every day lives, but they have been used to further the Gospel message of Jesus Christ in a dynamic way. As I watch the news coverage and remember the life of Steve Jobs, I cannot help but think of all of the millions of people around the world that have been affected as a result of his passion for technology and determination to make the impossible possible. Even when things seemed to be going down hill for Apple, he fought to bring the company back to life and never gave up on his dreams. Regardless of how amazing each product was, he was always reaching higher and demanding more excellence for the next version. He not only dreamed of great products and user-friendly technology, but he made them a reality that all of the world would benefit from. As I write this post on my MacBook Pro and periodically check my iPhone, I am reminded of how much his products have affected my life. He truly left his "beauty mark" on our world and has been deemed the Thomas Edison of our time.
What dream is stirring in your heart that could potentially affect our world for generations to come? What could you create if you silenced the loud distractions in your life and allowed your creative juices to flow freely from your heart and into the hands of others? How will you be remembered? How can you leave your beauty mark on the world? These are the questions that I challenge you to ponder as you remember the life of Steve Jobs.
We are all created with a seed of destiny waiting to spring forth and bear fruit that will leave a beautiful mark on the hearts and lives of others. May we all be encouraged to discover our potential and use all of our might to passionately pursue the purpose in which we were created for.
Emonne Markland: Leave YOUR Beauty Mark
P.S. Thanks to Steve Jobs, the following apps are a part of my every day life and are used to enhance my reading & hearing of the Word and my ability to connect with other like-minded people around the world:
- YouVersion- My digital bible & bible reading companion. I constantly use it to cross-reference during my study time and love reading all of my favorite scriptures in various versions. A must-have.
- Instagram- My photo editing/social media app that makes all of my photos pop. Love it.
- Twitter- Allows me to follow the thoughts & lives of my friends, families, celebrities & fav. ministers in realtime. I'm always guaranteed to receive an encouraging word on my feed!
- Billy Graham Evangelistic Association- We all know that Billy Graham is the greatest evangelist of the century. This app keeps me connected to all of his greatest sermons via video and audio. Powerful.
- TBN Mobile- I've been watching Trinity Broadcasting Network since I was a child. Now, I can watch it live with my baby girl on the go right from my iPhone and never have to miss a show!
- Facebook- Keeps me in touch w/ my friends and family near and far.